I’m happy to report that so far, we have raised $600 for MTUG and the Bail Project!! Way to go. I know that money is scary right now and I so appreciate everyone who donated. I’ve been sending out thank you’s this week. 🙂 I have not shipped my cats. You might have gotten a book or a puzzle or a tarot deck with some stickers, and I hope you dig them.
So, not everyone has experience with the trans community, and there are some great resources that you can use to educate yourself. There are also some simple ways to support your (or someone else’s) trans kiddo.
I wanted to say this, too. As a mother, it is absolutely inconceivable to me that people would throw their children away, but it does happen. I know for a fact that Metro Trans and other organizations SAVE LIVES. There’s a reason I do this fundraiser, and it’s because I can’t adopt all of the homeless trans youth out there. What I can do is speak up, raise money and spread awareness. And so can you. Let’s make this world a safe place for the kids on the margins. I have faith in us.
This article has some excellent resources, as well as simple ways to start supporting your trans kiddo.
- Always use the child’s preferred gender pronouns and preferred names.
- Be your child’s advocate – call out transphobia when you see it and ask that others respect your child’s identity.
- Educate yourself about the concerns facing transgender youth and adults.
- Encourage your child to stand up for themselves when it is safe to do so.
- Assure your child that they have your unconditional love and support.
EVENTS!!! I’m doing readings with Queen of the Universe, Jenna Matlin! Join us on June 26th for a psychic gallery! Seating is limited, so get in now.
ALSO – Ethony’s Tarot Summer School is on! You can use this code to become a student. This is a fantastic opportunity for tarot readers new and old.
Take good care of yourselves and of others (that you’re responsible for) Keep your voice steady. We’re doing ok.