I’ve been thinking about tarot etiquette, and I think I’m extremely lucky in this department. Other than just a few incidents, people have been respectful of me and my cards. Just in case, though, here is a list of bad tarot manners.
- Don’t touch my cards without asking me first. It makes me stabby.
- Please don’t get food or drink near my deck. It’s not just a deck of cards, it’s MY deck of MY tarot cards and I LOVE THEM. A lady spilled a glass of wine on my deck a few years ago and jokingly asked if I hated her a little. Well…..
- Please don’t use the opportunity of a reading for the following things:
- Don’t try to convert me to your religion.
- Don’t try to test my skills.
- Don’t argue with me. We can disagree, obviously, but I’m not going to be so invested in your reading that I take it personally. That’s not my job.
- Don’t haggle. I post my prices very clearly on my website. I don’t give away many readings because I do this for a living. Those I do give away are at my discretion. If you send me a message on facebook or twitter asking for a free reading, I will totally ignore you.
I’m sure there are more, but I’ve got some really great clients, and haven’t had many problems. Thanks for being so awesome, guys. 🙂